Sunday, August 25, 2013

Planbook





 I was asking a friend about lesson planning apps she used. She suggested Planbook, an ipad and computer application. The ipad app is $5.99 and the computer (mac or pc, up to 4 computers) version is $30. There is a 30 day trial for the computer version. Both ipad and computer sync easily with a dropbox account.


I tinkered around and started planning my lessons on my ipad. It was very easy navigation and setup.

In "week" view, you can color code the classes and easily see the layout of Teacher information, homework, materials needed, and in class assignments.



In "day" view, you see a simplified layout of your classes for the day.


I decided to purchase the PC/Mac version because I have a PC at work and a Mac at home. Typing on an ipad can be slow sometimes, even with a keyboard.

The computer version has alot of the same features, however the layout is a bit smaller and you can not see all the information under each subject. However, my laptop screen is rather small, so I wonder if a bigger screen would reveal more information. On the right hand column you have two tabs that show the Teacher information, homework, materials needed, and in class assignments. Shown above, I have listed the teacher manual pages, and homework for that spelling lesson. 



The computer version also has a "day" view that is bright and colorful, but again, does not show all the information needed. In order to view it all, you must either double click on the subject, or look at the column on the right. 


Overall, this application has provided me with much ease of planning lessons. I may do a walkthrough of planning a lesson in the future. 


1 comment:

  1. The compatability between mac and PC was difficult. Halfway though the year, I quit using planbook and used excel.
    However, my new school has wifi and I will likely use my ipad and airprint. I like the app, just not the OS compatablility.

    ReplyDelete