Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Classroom theme in progress


With a group of 3rd graders, I was trying to think of a theme that would but cute and fun for both boys and girls. I wanted to do a jungle theme, but Teacher's Plus didn't have that theme. They had monkeys. Over the summer, a friend who taught 4th grade gave me a little packet of paper monkeys. I took it, not knowing what I was going to do with it. Picked up some monkeys and banana cutouts at the Teacher's store. It sat on my desk for a few days, as I contemplated my theme.
A coworker was laminating her cutouts for her classroom. When I felt the fragile monkey/banana cutouts, I knew I needed to laminate them so that they would last more than a year. Picked up a $15 laminator at Costco that came with several sheets. Figured it's cheap, and if it ever breaks, I can easily return it. (Costco has the best return policies). Started to work on my bulletin board and was very pleased with the end product.

Bulletin Board

Today I finished my banana tree and discipline chart. 



I'm not sure what else I can do without over doing it with the primates. Still need to do a Welcome sign for the door. Any ideas on how else I can spruce up my classroom? Seven days left until school and I'm not even close to being ready. Lesson plans, parent letter, homework packet, routines... so much to do!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment